Friday, July 3, 2015

My Intellectual Journey Pt. 1

I started listening to a podcast called Mormon Discussion Podcast.  It’s a convoluted way that I got to it but her it is sort of a round about way.  Since I have an iPhone I decided that I would start listening to podcasts since they’re free and some of them might be really good.  I’d been listening to the Great Courses Series, of which I have many, and I liked those because they are supposed to be college level courses by college professors.  However, I’ve reached the point where I’d listened – meaning bought – most of the courses that I’m interested in and I needed to try and find something else that I could listen to.  So I asked my son-in-law what he liked and then started looking for Mormon podcasts because I like all things Mormon.

And one of the Mormon things that I really like lately is Terryl Givens a writer, so I started looking for Terryl Givens interviews and I found some.  Some were on the Maxwell Institute and some were on the Mormon Faircast and I listened to them, then I started looking for podcasts on Polyandry which is one question that I’ve always had about Mormonism’s past, and then my son-in-law said that there was a good one on Mormonism and Masonry.  Anyway I started noticing that there were a lot of good podcasts on the Faircast.  Faircast  takes me back a long ways.  It used to be called FAIR, Foundation for Apologetics and Information Research, but now it’s called FairMormon.  Anyway it used to have a forum where people talked to each other about things Mormon and I joined way back when.  And they still have a forum but it’s not like the old days.  Anyway I started listening to all the FairMormon Podcasts and I liked them.


This will have to be continued later.

No comments:

Post a Comment