Thursday, July 2, 2015

Book Review: Secrets of the Lost Races

I was given this book while I was on an LDS Mission in Australia 1980-1982.  We were out tracking and the person who’s door we had knocked on asked me if I would read a book.  I said that I would and gave him a Book of Mormon.  I was able to read the book in a few days during my personal study time.  Those who have been on LDS missions know that this may not have been completely following the rules, but I figured if I wanted the person who gave me the book to read the Book of Mormon I should read his book.  I’m glad I read the book, and I’ve kept it for all these years.

This book gives another interpretation on Out Of Places Parts, or OOParts.  These are things that should not exist and are ignored by “professional” archeologists.  Things such as gold chains found in coal that is supposed to be 100s of millions of years old.  Such a thing can not  possibly exist so it is ignored when it is found, and explained away.

There are  a lot of people who talk about these things and most of them say that aliens came to 

Earth long ago and these things are evidence of that.  The author of this book takes another viewpoint.  He posits that there was a pre-flood civilization that had reached a level that they were able to fight nuclear wars.  He points out that if people were living as long as is stated in the Bible that today we would have Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, Newton, Pascal, Maxwell, Einstein etc… living today.  That’s some serious brain power.  It’s a great way to look at things and it’s effected my thinking for many years especially about the flood.  I grateful that that person gave me the book.  I wish that he’d read the Book of Mormon,

No comments:

Post a Comment