Friday, February 14, 2014

Great Courses: Comparitive Religions

One of my main interests in listening to Great Courses lectures is listening to the courses on religion and philosophy.  I saw this lecture series and thought it would be interesting.  I can only say that it's a very basic course.  If you didn't know that humans are pretty much the same throughout time and history this series will show you that they are.

I only listen to the lectures, and I must say that Dr. Kimball's presentation was passionless.  I had to listen to the first lecture over because I believed he said that he was a Christian minister.  I kept wondering what a sermon by Dr. Kimball would be like if this was what his lectures were.  I found it funny too because you can tell that he has been very involved in the ecumenical movement and had very interesting stories to tell, but he gave them in a very flat tone.  I personally didn't find this lecture series very informative and couldn't really recommend it unless it was to someone who know nothing about comparative religious studies at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment