Thursday, September 12, 2013

A New Blog!


I know that my kids are going to think;  "Oh great Dad has another blog."  And it's true I've been starting and stopping blogs for a few years.  It all started when I had a Wood Badge ticket to help get the scouts better informed.  l started with iWeb and realized that worked OK but then the scouts wouldn't own it so then I started thinking it would be nice if the scouts could start and run a website that the troop could own. There was also a problem with the church not wanting units to have web sites.

So then I started looking for some thing that would let the scouts set up and run a website. I found something called Expression Engine (EE).  That was exciting for me personally but when they upgraded to 2.0 the free version went away and it was too complicated.  Now I don't worry about web sites for the scouts to keep them informed but would like a blog of my own.  During my EE phase I thought it would be nice to have a family site but really with social media and stuff it doesn't really make sense to try do something like that.

Around this time was when the LDS leadership started talking about using the internet to spread the gospel.  In my humility I thought that I would be good at that because I know everything. Just ask me.  So I thought two web sites one that is more personal and one that would explain Mormonism to the world.  Turns out there was some problems with that plan.  First it's hard for me to divide between what is   nonreligious and everything else because religion permeates everything for me and since I'm LDS that means Mormonism.

Second I'm  so dang smart that I couldn't even spell Mormon in the website address correctly.  It was momonthoughts and my daughter Nini had to point that out to me.

So I've just decided to have one blog and combine everything in it since my family are most likely the only people who will probably read it.  Also I've now got Mormon in the address.  I have an internet friend who I met years ago on a Christian message board and his blog is called "Mild Mannered Musigs".  l love alliterations and that made me want a blog called "Mormon Musings".  How about that for a total ripoff?  Well I thought Mormon Meditations was pretty good but that was taken as was Mormon Musings and Mormon Thoughts and finally I hit on Mormon Rumination's and that was available.  It's not an alliteration but it has a lot of m and n sounds going on and that's pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment